Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cross Stitch Design

I love to draw when I was young,
since my elementary school years, I have always wanted to
become an artist or a graphic designer and this ambition of mine
has not changed. So I became an advertising and graphic designer
after graduated from an art and design college. I spent most of
my time designing leaflet, brochure, poster, packaging design,
logo design… below-the-line items for my clients for
more than 13 years. Last 2 years ago, I fell in love with
cross stitching, I began to think of the fun of stitching
when I was at work.

Now I love to draw on fabric more than drawing on paper,
and love to do coloring on fabric too! I start to
create cross stitch pattern using my imagination and
feel so fulfilled doing this. I love it!!

I've been busy creating and stitching up my design
all weeks and today, I can't wait and show you my work. :)


I've finished the lower part of the design (1/3 of the design)…
I LOVE love the "lollipop" trees. And now I'm working on the cottage.


I will put in some wordings on top of the cottage.
The cutest part of this design is the top part of the pattern
which I already got the pictured in my mind.
Hope I can finish stitching it and show to you soon.

I've made a bit more progress on my Angel of Hope
for the Christmas SAL.



I love the result stitched using DMC lights effect floss
but it's a nightmare to stitch! Pattern taken from
Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments Issue 2009.
I'm going to continue stitching it when time allows.

Thanks for popping in and as always I appreciate all your
kind comments. And also thanks for sharing all your
awesome works! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!



26 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Your new design is looking so pretty - I also love the lollipop trees! Your angel is coming along nicely - sorry you're not enjoying the floss.

Farm Girl said...

Gorgeous design, I think your lollipop trees are so cute! Can't wait to see the finished design.

Annie said...

That design looks beautiful. Can't wait to see the whole finish. You are very talented.

Good progress on the angel. I'm not of fan of stitching with light effects. Just not relaxing enough to stitch with, but it does make for a nice piece.

Rachel D. said...

Waouw Vinniey, how wonderful it must be to combine your job and your passion.
I love your creation and am looking forward to see the following steps.
You're right: the lollipop trees are beautiful. Cheers !

nima said...

wow...that looks gorgeous...beautiful colours...cn't wait to see the beautiful design finished

Anonymous said...

Love the colors and the lollipop trees. Can't wait to see the finish! Thanks, Nancy in NY Hedghogmom@aol.com

Lisa said...

Ooo how exciting, I cant wait to see your finished piece.
LISA V.

Carol said...

How lucky you are to be able to draw, Vinniey! I think that is one reason I love to cross stitch--I feel like I'm drawing/creating something pretty because, in real life, I can't draw at all!! Your design is so colorful and whimsical--can't wait to see your finish. And your angel is so pretty, too...

Cari-in-VA said...

I love the lollipop trees - what a wonderful piece - I can't wait to see more.

Deb said...

Your design is wonderful Vinniey - I just love the colors of it so far - very bright and cheery. I think I love those lollipop trees. I can't wait to see more of your design. And hope that there are many more to come.

Wendy said...

I love your lolipop trees , the colors are so lively !
amazing that you can just think of something in your head and then create it !
do you make a chart/ pattern first, or do you just start and see where you go from there ?
and how do you work out which colors you are going to use ?

dixiesamplar said...

Love your original design Vinniey...especially the lollipop trees!

And your angel of hope is adorable...

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Theresa said...

You design is looking great!!! I love the vibrant colors!!!! Can't wait to see the whole thing!!

Your angel is very cute, too~~

yskmtmr said...

What a lovely design you made! I cannot wait to see the whole work. And your Angel of Hope is so cute, too.
Take care and Happy Stitching, Yasuko

Michelle said...

Your design is so pretty - I can't wait to see more of it! Great job on your Angel of Hope!

Siobhan said...

Wow, congratulations on doing your own designs! I love what you've done so far. The lollipop trees are adorable. Great job on Angel of Hope, too!

Mylene said...

Your design is looking beautiful, can't wait to see the whole piece.

Karan said...

Love your design & the lollipop trees are so cute - can't wait to see it all. The Angel is looking lovely too. :0)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your design looks like its going to be so colourful and fantastic! And Fun!

Your Angel is looking great!

Ranae said...

Fabulous blog!!!
Thanks so much for commenting, so I could find you. Your design is looking very cool
Now to browse it some more.

Cole said...

Your design looks like so much fun! I cannot wait to see the full piece :)

najma said...

your design looks so lovely... so colorful and tender
congrats for your art
and the angel looks very cute too
i love your work
have a nice day
best wishes

Xangles said...

Hi, Vinniey! Trust that you and the family are well. Look forward to seeing some of your original designs. Could you give another sneak preview? {hugs}Pokua

marypoppins said...

Very wonderful !!
Mary

Wendy said...

thank you again for your lovely comment !
please do not feel botherd by not having many spare time, I do know how it is with a job, househould and kids !
that just has to come before stitching and blogging, no problem !

Rozita said...

You make me want to stitch again! I have miss it very much.. I adore your lollipop trees!