Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Partridge In A Pear Tree

It was real rain with some thunder boomers
since past week, so I'm more alive and happiest (LOL).
I finished my xmas design I started two weeks ago. Now,
my illustration has been adopted into this cross stitch sampler.

The first day of Christmas
My true love sent to me
A partridge in a pear tree


A Partridge In A Pear Tree Sampler
The Twelve Days of Christmas Series



The model is stitched on 28-count Vintage Country Mocha
linen with DMC threads and Weeks Dye Works Deep Sea.

My original idea is to design a simple xmas ornament
without the alphabets and borders, but it turns out
great after I added the borders around the design and
alphabets on it. The piece become bigger and bigger
and it didn't look like an ornament anymore,
and I don't want a giant xmas ornament to hang
on my xmas tree! (LOL).

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Thanks for
stopping by and as always I do appreciates all
your beautiful comments and encouraging words.
And also thanks for sharing all your awesome works!

Together we stitch.



22 comments:

Brigitte said...

A gorgeous design! BUt as you say it might be a bit big for an ornament, lol. But big ornaments needn't hang on a tree, they can be hung somewhere else. Or stitch it on a 40ct fabric, then it might be small enough for a tree.

Annette said...

What a beautifull sampler it turned out.. It's a bit to big for a orni but you can hang it on the wall

Carol said...

Such a pretty design, Vinniey! I love the colors and the fabric you used. I'll look forward to seeing how you finish it off...

Hope your weekend is fun and relaxing :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Very pretty, Vinniey!

I am going to have to put something new in the mail for you! I am so sad that your gift didn't make it to you. It was a small, wool pincushion set on top of an old wooden spool that said USA on it in red and blue paper (I think). I thought it would be a sweet thing from the US. Unfortunately, that was the only spool like that I had so.... I'll have to come up with something new. I'll email you later today - getting ready to head out for the day.

TTYS,

Deborah said...

Love the sampler! Beautiful colors.

Theresa said...

Wow!!!! Gorgeous design!!!!!! I love the colors and everything~~~~~

Elaine said...

Your design is beautiful, look forward to seeing how you finish it off.

An itch to cross stitch.. said...

Such a pretty design, you are so talented. I wish I could design like that.
Can't wait to see the finish!

Annie said...

That is a beautiful piece whether a tree ornament or a larger decoration. You have a very good eye for this!

Blu said...

Very pretty design. It would definitely work as a wall hanging.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Its beautiful with such lovely colours!

unikat said...

This is wonderful!

Mylene said...

What a lovely design, Vinniey. It is perfect finish into a flatfold.

Tatkis said...

Your new design looks so sweet! And I like the combination of vintage linen and the colors you used!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Siobhan said...

What a beautiful design! I love the colors in it.

yskmtmr said...

Your new design is so lovely! I'm looking forward to see the finish.
Yasuko

Carolyn NC said...

I adore this! What a beautiful job!

Parsley said...

That's a sweet project.

Karan said...

Ooo I do love this design - gorgeous choice of fabric & colours. :0)

Mylene said...

Stopping by to say Hi! I hope you are having a good week.

Farm Girl said...

This is beautiful, you have such a talent for design! What do you have planned next?!

Wendy said...

thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog !
it is really nice to be back this way !
I´ve been looking and reading your blog, amazed at you designs, you are really talented !
I love cupcake cottage, and your Spring design.
and you always have such nice photo´s, really amazing, and such joy to watch !