Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Spring

I finished designing and stitching "Spring"
last week, and done with the beads yesterday.




Flowers around the house. Colorful butterflies flying away
and bird in the tree. The days of spring are here.


Here is my third piece of original design.

The weather is extremely hot here. Generally,
I don't like it when the weather is extremely hot,
I get too tired, grouchy and grumpy in the heat,
I am more alive and happiest when it's cold especially
during rainy days. Other than staying inside a room with
air conditioning, what comes to my mind now are some
stitching for Christmas as a way to cool down. (LOL)
I hope I can show you some progress of my
original Christmas cross stitch design on my next post.

I went to my best friend's wedding dinner last weekend
and I have some beautiful pictures to share with you.



The environment is nice and ambience.


Love the decor with beautiful flowers and


lighting candles creates a romantic dining environment.

I received a package in the mail the past week.
It's a beautiful handkerchief case from Rachel
all the way from Belgium. She also included
a beautiful thread. She know I love purple.


Thank you so much Rachel, I just love it.


Look at this handkerchief case that
she sent. It's so beautiful and lovely. I love
both the outer and inner fabrics of this case.
She is a talented quilter and crocheter. She love
to do beautiful crafts and I adores all her
creative works. If you have never visited
Rachel's blog, go have a visit.

I won a giveaway from Terri last month ago.
So sweet of she to made something special for me
to go along with the package 6 weeks ago.
I am still waiting for the package and worrying
the package was lost. Me and Terri have never
expected it would take this long to reach here
from US. It's usually takes 3 to 6 weeks
shipping time. I do hope the package is still with
the custom or post office due to some checking delay
but not losing it. I willing to wait for more weeks
or even months as long as the package is not being
steal or lost. Because it contains Terri's
beautiful crafts.

Happy stitching everyone. And thanks for stopping by
and as always I appreciate all your comments.
And also thanks for sharing all your awesome works!



27 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Your Spring stitching is beautiful, Vinniey! I love the photos from the wedding - what beautiful lighting they had. Great gift from Rachel - I hope mine gets there soon - if not, I'll send you a different chart and make you something else. I'm so disappointed it hasn't gotten there yet...... If you don't get it by next weekend, I'll resend something else, just for you, okay?

Annie said...

Your spring design looks so lovely with all those cheerful colors and whimsical flowers.

I really dislike cold weather, so I'll be sorry to see summer go. But I've done the same thing.. stitch a snowman to stay cool.

Great wedding photos. Love the little case you received too. Fingers crossed that your present from Terri gets there safely. Sometimes the mail is just slow.

Annette said...

The spring design is so beautifull.
I love the butterf ly's and the beard around it...You used such lovely bright colors..

At the momnet we have a lot of rain over here...

rachel has a beautifull blog I just went there. I love crochet but can't do it myself.....

nima said...

wow...lovely stitching

Anonymous said...

Your spring design looks lovely-so cheerful! Can't wait to see what you're working on for Christmas. I really don't like the cold so I don't complain too much in the summer. Fall is nice here in New York but I could just skip winter and go right to Spring! Nancy hedghogmom@aol.com

Smily said...

Your spring is marvellous, so bright colors!

Cole said...

Your designs are wonderful, such bright colors! Love your gift from Rachel, I hope Terri's arrives soon :)

Blu said...

Spring's colours are gorgeous!

Farm Girl said...

I love your new design, very pretty. Beautiful wedding photos too.

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Vinniey,

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog yesterday! I had to laugh about your comment on our using the same background, because I thought the same thing when I read your blog yesterday! LOL!

I love your Spring design...so colorful and cheery looking! and your cupcake finish just made me hungry, LOL!

What a beautiful wedding that must have been...and the handkerchief case from Rachel is sw-eeeet! She did a great job!

Sure hope they deliver your package from Terri...maybe it is just taking the long way around the globe??!! LOL!

Thank you for reading my blog, and I enjoy following your progress as well...until later...

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Mylene said...

Such lovely colours on your Spring design, congrats on finishing it.

I hope the package from Terri will reach you safely and soon.

yskmtmr said...

Your Spring is so lovely and reminds me a mild climate in Spring! In Japan, also TOO HOT!!! I can't wait to see your Christmas design :).
I love the wedding dinner's photos you are sharing and your gift from Rachel, and hope the package from Terri will reach to you soon!
Yasuko

An itch to cross stitch.. said...

Your spring stitching is so pretty and colourful Vinniey, I love it. The pictures from the wedding are beautiful, they decorated so well.

By the way, send some Summer love this way, it's cold here in Australia.

Carol said...

What a bright and happy piece you've created, Vinniey! I love the little butterflies--your use of colors is just perfect :)

Things have finally cooled off here today--I don't ever remember using my air-conditioner as much as I did this summer--whew!!

najma said...

the spring stitching is really lovely, very cute
have a nice day
best wishes

FIONA said...

Thankyou so much for being my 100th follower! I tried to email you back but couldn't find your email address!

Rachel D. said...

Thank You Vinniey, for your friendship.

Brigitte said...

That's a very lovely spring design that you created.
Rachel's gift is just adorable. But it's a pity that Terri's giveaway hasn't arrived yet. Customs sometimes takes a lot of time, it's the same here. I hope that you will still get it.
Hopefully your heat wave will be over soon. I can't stand the heat either and I even prefer rainy days to hot days.

CalamityJr said...

I love your spring design. It's so bright and cheerful - has to improve the mood of anyone who sees it! Thanks for sharing!

Elaine said...

Just love your new design, the colours are so pretty. Gorgeous gifts from your friend Rachel. I hope your other package arrives soon.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Another lovely design! Congrats.

Wow the decorating for your friend's wedding was just gorgeous and dream-like!

Hillery said...

I love your designs, they are so cute and colorful. Are you selling any of the patterns? Hope to see more soon.

Tatkis said...

Wonderful spring design! So bright colors, I like them!
And congratulations with your presents, Rachel is a great master!

Lumiruusu said...

Thank You for visiting my blog!
It is allways such a joy to get a new blogging -friend!
I live in Finland and the autumn is coming here in north.
The night are cold and the trees are turning yellow..
Your spring-design is so lovely and your blog seems to be very
interesting :)
I became a reader !:)

Parsley said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog so I could meet you! I love your stitching designs. Especially the cupcake cottage. I could see myself stitching that! Reminds me of an old children's story: Hansel and Gretel.

Carolyn NC said...

Your piece is beautiful! Are you planning to sell them? I'd buy them in a minute. What lovely decorations for the wedding!

Karan said...

Another very lovely design Vinniey.It must have been lovely to sit in such beautifully decorated surroundings. Gorgeous giveaway too - lucky you. :0)