Saturday, September 24, 2011

Autumn Wishes

I have been missing in action for a while in blogland. I just have no time to post and read blogs. Too many things but too little time. I was overloaded with graphic design jobs and houseworks! Dark circles started appeared beneath my eyes now because I haven't gotten enough sleep. Our ex-cleaning lady will not come back due to some family problems. So we planned to hire another new cleaning lady and we have to wait for another 1 to 2 months for her to arrive. I hope you're still with me and will give me some time to catch up with all of you and get back to normal.

Pictures shown here are my latest WIP design ~ Autumn Wishes.



I managed to finished 1/4 part of the design. You can see sheeps, a pumpkin, apple tree and a incomplete house. It has four houses in this sampler. Love working on this piece.

I joined "Secret pen pal" organized by Parsley a month back. Each of us given an address of a participant. The rules are the participants must send a letter each month start from August through December. We must keep our identity secret until the last letter and post on our blog each month about the letter we had received (sorry, I was late posting this, I would like to apologize to my secrat penpal, I know you have been watching my blog several times).

Look what I had receive from Lizzy Penpall. Lizzy is not her real name. She named herself Lizzy because Lizzie Kate is her favorite designer.


I love the purple flowers in this beautiful card.

This month, she sent me a very cute card together with an adorable scarecrow.


Thanks, Lizzy! I love it very much.


He is now sitting on my display shelf.

Four months ago, my husband made a pond from a large plant pot and placed it on our center courtyard. He also bought a small pump and two black molly fishes to set up a fish pond. After few weeks, I was just amazed, because I didn't expect it, seeing our little pond having 8 little baby mollies in it.


And after two weeks, there are more than 20! Everyone in the house were so happy and excited.


Now, you can see a bunch of fishes happily swimming in it.

Until next time, take care and happy stitching!



18 comments:

Parsley said...

Oh Vinniey!!!! Firstly, I want to tell you your stitching is beautiful. I tell you this every time, but something about the colors you choose...makes me happy! Is this your design? If so, may I encourage you again to think about selling your pieces because your work is lovely!

Secondly, I love that your penpal has been keeping in touch with you. I'm so glad you joined in!

Lastly, the fish are sweet. We have raised mollies in our aquarium and they have live babies instead of coming from eggs.

Catherine said...

Beautiful stitches!
How great about your fish!!

Annette said...

What a beautifull piece you are stitching... love it... can't wait to see teh next update ... look what more is coming in autumn colors...

What a bummer of your cleaning-lady.. hope you find a new one soon.

What a great package you got.. so beautifull
Enjoy it.

hihi My DH wil love that... those little fishes

Theresa said...

So nice to see you back on blogger~ Hopefully things will run smoother at your household from now on. I love your WIP!!!! It is gorgeous!!!! And how awesome it is to have a fish pond!!! Love the little fish!!!

Mouse said...

ooo hello again... love your stitching it is beautiful .. sorry to hear about your cleaning lady .. and sorry I can't volunteer ..lol ... cute fishes tooo and lovely scarecrow you got there as well :) love mouse xxxx

Rachel D. said...

So glad to have you back; of course I will continue following your adventures.
Big sunny hugs.

Melanie said...

Lovely stitching!!

That's so cool about the fishes. They're multiplying like bunnies in there! lol

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary :)

Blu said...

It's good to hear from you again!
The colours of your WIP are so pretty! That pink house is lovely.

Isabella said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Mylene said...

So good to see a new post...can't come online much as i wanted, having only one pc to share with the 4 of us and working full time lately...sure miss my stitching too.
Your WIP is looking lovely and how fun with the fishes.

Carol said...

How nice to see a new post, Vinniey :) I hope things calm down for you once the new cleaning lady arrives...

Your newest design is darling--love the little sheep! And your colors are always so pretty...beautiful work!

Nice to see so many little fishies appear...We have a large pond on our property and we love going out after dinner to feed the fish...they sure multiply quickly!

Enjoy your autumn :)

Tatkis said...

Vinniey, I'm so glad to see a post from you!
The stitching looks nice, and I hope that your new cleaning lady would arrive very soon!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Doris said...

beautiful stitches, the house look pretty.

Patty C. said...

Beautiful pattern you have started - You do have a great eye for color-

I just love ponds - Isn't it exciting when you see the progress ;) &

What a cute little gift for your shelf - It's adorable !!

nima said...

lovely pattern and beatiful stitching...missed visiting your blog while blog hopping...lovely to see all the little fishs

Brigitte said...

Great stitching on a very beautiful piece.

Nelli said...

Beautiful!