Thursday, February 23, 2012

Autumn Wishes Finished

With lots of houseworks and jobs last weeks, I don't even have the time to blog reading and my stitching has slowed right down but I got my new design done!


Autumn Wishes

I stitch whenever I have little spare time even though in a short amount of time. I had a lot of fun designing this one and it's fun to stitch too!

I received a Christmas parcel from Tatyana in January. Although it was a belated Christmas gifts but I was so thrilled to receive them. The items which she sent are really very beautiful and I like them very much. I would like to thank Tatyana for the gorgeous Star Ornament which is beautifully stitched by her, the finished is very nice and beautiful, Tatyana. I will treasure it!




And also thank you for the beautiful Christmas card with heartwarming notes, a very cute mini scissor with gorgeous scissor's fob, a very christmassy fabric, lovely flower bookmark cross stitch kit, useful eyelets and a Handmade Christmas Special Magazine with tons of awesome crafting ideas.

On December 2011, I sent a registered parcel with tracking number to my secret pen pal "Lizzy". The tracking shows "still in shipment" and it's been over a month. I had also checked on her blog but no news from her about the parcel; So I believe that she didn't get it. After two months, I received a returned parcel with the reason for unclaimed.


This is the unclaimed parcel which I sent to Lizzy. Wondering why she did not receive it. I registered the parcel under the name of "Lizzy" with correct address. I think the unclaimed reason is I did not register the parcel under her real name.

Many blogging friends and friends around me have asked if I will sell my cross stitch patterns. In fact, I do hope that I can have more time to get my charts ready and complete my selling blog. After 16 years of working in advertising and graphic design industry, I was so tired with my jobs since a year ago and I wanted to be a cross stitch designer. I have now completed part of my cross stitch designs into chart forms and I will announce my selling blog/website sooner or later.

Thanks for visiting and as always thank you for your comments. Have a great week and happy stitching. :)

16 comments:

Annie said...

Your new design is lovely, so colorful!

Lucky you to receive such a nice gift. But unlucky to see Lizzy's parcel go unclaimed. Hope you can find her.

And that's wonderful news about selling your designs. It's about time!

Patty C. said...

Lovely pattern

Autumn said...

Great to see a post from you. I can't wait to see your sell blog!

Annette said...

Dear Vinniey,

Wat a lovely design you made...
What a lovel surprises you got..DSo beautifull.....
so strange ... that unclaimed!!... A while back I also mailed something and I got it back after 2 months also... not found de adress...lol..
I don't think it needs to be her real name, or did she needed to pick it up??

How great our going to sell your patterns... I wish you all the luck with it... you patterns are so beautifull....

Have fun..

Love
Annette

Catherine said...

Autumn Wishes looks lovely! Wonderful goodies you received as well ~ sweet scissors fob! Hopefully you'll be able to track down Lizzy!

Carol said...

It's so nice to see a post from you Vinniey!! And one filled with the prettiest picture of your design, too! You must be thrilled to have it finished--congratulations :)

Lovely gift from Tayana, too--stitching friends are the best, aren't they?

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful finish and design on Autumn Wishes, Vinniey! Lovely gift you received. Bummer about the package. I've sent things that never got received and I never got them back. At least you got it returned to you and can re-send if you want to.

valerie said...

Love your Autumn Wishes design and finish! Wonderful gifts received! So sorry your package was returned to you!

Ranae said...

I just love your Autumn Wishes, the colors are delightful.
You have some nice parcel and too bad that one didn't make it.

Blu said...

What a colourful finish! Congrats on deciding to jump into the designing business. Looking forward to many more gorgeous charts XD

Tatkis said...

I'm so glad you like my presents!
And your Autumn wishes stitching is gorgeous (fantastic colours!)

Hope to hear about the chart selling blog soon ;)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Melanie said...

Awww. That's too bad about your package. I wonder what went wrong? :(

Love the new little stitchy! I always love autumn designs. :)

Siobhán said...

What a beautiful design, Vinniey! It is so pretty. Best of luck with your plans to market your designs--I think you'd be very successful.

Argh on the package not getting to Lizzy. How frustrating! I once had a package from my brother take several months to get to me because he didn't put my name on it, just the address. LOL His wife said, after that, she refuses to allow him to go to the post office! LOL

Daffycat said...

If a package requires a signature to claim and no one is at home the post carrier will leave an official note in your box. I can just see this note fluttering away unseen when Lizzy went to get her mail OR an over-zealous postal worker wanting to see ID that says "Ms. Lizzy" on it!!!

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

Pumpkin said...

Amazing finish Vinniey! You should be proud of your talent :o)

Looks like Tatyana sent you a wonderful parcel full of goodies.

Carolyn NC said...

Love it, love it, love it!...selling them yet??? :)